For me it was representations of our faith, my mother’s jewelry and little elements of homage to our relatives who are no longer with us. Find ways to include people you love and things you believe in as symbols throughout your ceremony, reception, attire or decor.
Here are some ways others have done this:
- Sow a piece of your mom’s wedding dress on the inside of your wedding dress.
- Include a special flower in your bouquet to represent someone who has passed.
- Restore and use your grandmother’s veil.
- Re-create an iconic photo of your parent’s wedding album.
- Allow your fiancé to write a note on the sole of your shoe.
- Have your ring bearer carry a sign down the aisle with an inside joke to your groom.
- Use traditional attire from your country of origin during a portion of your day.
- Pass down a symbolic item to a sister, friend or flower girl as you get ready!
Still need a photographer?
Happy to help.
If you are looking for more ideas on how to personalize your wedding day or would like to learn more about how to book us for your wedding, I would love to chat with you!
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Thank you to Passio Photography for our wedding photos!